Monday 16 November 2009

Inspired by Suffolk-continued


Finally had some time to work on the collage,using images taken when I was in Suffolk.It's been a difficult one-normally, things just go together somehow, but the format of this one has been different.I generally work on canvas stretchers or paper, but this one was a long thin wooden table top.Going into the studio after a day away from it, I realised that it was a better shape for me if I had a wide piece, rather then a tall thin one and then ,things began to gell.
I'm also working on a felt cloth, which is made from woad dyed wool and silk scarves on the surface,and that is going on in the evenings, because I'm hand stitching in front of the TV.It's growing slowly and will soon have reached the stage where I have to think of the fine details,so no TV accompaniment for that!

HERE IT IS.




No comments:

Post a Comment