Tuesday 13 December 2011

Felt and fibre

I have been experimenting today with some new pre felt and silk combined which I bought from Rainbow silks-only a small sample so far, but the feel of it is really good and the recycled scarves felted to the surface really well.Trouble is ,my local charity shops all seem to have stopped selling nice fine scarves in deference to the winter,which is here with a vengeance today-sleet and slush!




The bottom sample has Habotai silk,silk Georgette,a scarf of unidentified content and some indigo dyed chiffon,and the first sample has more of the same with some cyanotyped satin at top left.Cyanotype will be part of my summer classes in France and is a technique which I really like,partly because it is an old method of photography and partly because it is so easy to do in a sunny place.

No comments:

Post a Comment