Wednesday 22 October 2008

October 22nd

Laminated fabric escapades

Yesterday I spent a very large quantity of time I didn't really have to spare, cretaing a piece of work using newspaper, silk and gel medium, plus one of my thermofax screens.I'm trying to add layers to a fabric I have already created, by layering photos from the Guardian newspaper, silk chiffon and printed gel medium on the surface.These layers are then ironed to set them and the paper finally soaked off in water.Trying to be clever, I thought I would add another dimension by putting more layers of the same in some of the gaps I had in the original.At presnet it looks as if I may have failed-a bit like I have with this blog, I suspect!
When it is all dry, there will be a photo.In the meantime, it may be back to the drawing board.





Posted by lyn 22/10/08

No comments:

Post a Comment