Monday 29 December 2008

More Nuno







I have been working in spasms-where free time was available -on pieces for a course I will teach in September, based on lines in the landscape.I am fascinated by how different fabrics react with wool fibre and like the challenge of making a particular fabric attach, even if the work involved is quite tiring and physical.Polyester is always hard work but gives very interesting results and the contrast of texture which comes from putting scrim, silk and polyester side by side is just what I need for the current work.After many rolls and much throwing ,the photos here show one result-not very easy to photograph because of it being cream/white, but hopefully better than nothing.I intend to make lots of units similar to these and assemble them, hopefully as a means of conquering the need for massive space to create large pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment