Tuesday 16 December 2008

Student work







As I don't have any finished work-or even in progress, because I went to a craft fair at Farncombe this wekend,thought I would post some student work for you to look at.This was done on the last earth friendly dyeing course in my studio in South west France, using mainly rust,woad and some buckthorn with additives.Another similar course will be coming up in June next year.I love the combination of rust and woad and the subtle ranges we can achieve.Come to think of it, this is one of the main attractions of natural dyes altogether,plus it seems almost impossible to dye colours which will not combine well together.
Some of the work has the added detail of thermofax printing on the surface, also using natural dyes as extracts, thickened with gum tragacanth, which is what I intend to use the teal extract for ,when there is some time!More pictures of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment